GATE Aerospace Engineering
Best Courses for GATE Aerospace. Career Avenues recent GATE Aerospace ranks: 2, 5, 7, 10, 13, 17…
Start Free Trial of all Career Avenues Aerospace courses. See samples of study material and tests. And experience our award winning learning platform.
GATE Aerospace Printed Study Material
Rated Best Study Material for GATE Aerospace. Covers Aptitude, Maths and GATE Aerospace syllabus. Includes Online Test Series, Mocks and Previous Year Questions
Starts at Rs. 9000
GATE Aerospace Online Study Material
Online version of Printed Study Material. Can be viewed on app as well as desktop. Covers Aptitude, Maths and GATE Aerospace syllabus. Includes Online Test Series, Mocks and Past ...
Starts at Rs. 1000
GATE Aerospace Online Test Series
Best GATE Aerospace Test Series in India. 50 Aerospace, 50 Aptitude, 30 Maths Tests. 5 Mocks held in Dec and Jan.
Starts at Rs. 500
GATE Aerospace Video Lectures
Best GATE Aerospace Video Lectures. GUARANTEED. Detailed videos covering Aptitude, Maths and Aerospace. Includes Online Test Series and Mocks.
Starts at Rs. 1000
Download Our Books
You can enrol through this website or through our app using upi, wallet payments, net-banking, debit and credit cards of most banks. If you still have a difficulty, please call or whatsapp on 9930406349 and we will assist you. After enrolment, please fill enrollment form here:
Each of us requires a different kind of study program based upon our style/preference of studying. Normally, all students take our study material and test series. Many also take video lectures as it helps them clear concepts. A lot depends upon time available to prepare, current stage of preparation, etc. If you are still unsure, please contact us.
Yes, there may be few scholarships available for students from top colleges, students with good grades, students from EWS and for students whose parents are from teaching or defence services. Pls contact us on 9930406349 via whatsapp with details of course you wish to join and scholarship category needed, along with relevant documents.
As a registered Career Avenues student, you can ask your doubts here and our faculty will get back to you.
Typically 5-6 months are required, but some students need a longer time frame based on other commitments. College students start preparation 12-18 months before GATE to have more time to practise questions as they may have semester exams as well.
We suggest about 800 to 1200 hours of preparation time overall. This can be divided into 3-4 months or 12-18 months, based on your schedule.
- Take a diagnostic test – the best diagnostic test is a GATE paper of any of the previous 3 years.
- Note down what you have scored and what was the actual GATE qualifying score cut-off. Note that qualification does not help you much. What you need is a good score. So note the good score mentioned above and measure the gap between your score and a good score.
- Note the GATE syllabus and mark your topics that you are good at. First try to master subjects that you are good at.
- However, some subjects like Space Dynamics, Flight Mechanics and Structures have a high weightage. So you should definitely prepare these.
- General Aptitude does not require preparation. It requires practice. So just practise solving Aptitude questions every day for 30 minutes.
- Mathematics may have a very high weightage. But note that to get these 10-12 marks, what you have to study and practice is typically more than a core subject. So if you wish to eliminate some topics in Maths, it is fine. Master topics that you are good at.
- Take lots of section tests and Mocks. Career Avenues provides an excellent test series for GATE Aerospace (AE). For more details click here
- In case you require focused GATE study material and books, you should take Career Avenues GATE Aerospace (AE) study material which has been made by IIT alumni and is focused towards GATE. For more details click here
Section I: Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
Section II: Flight Mechanics
- Airplane Performance
- Static Stability
- Dynamic Stability
Section III: Space Dynamics
- Central Force Motion
- Orbit Transfer
Section IV: Aerodynamics
- Basic Fluid Mechanics
- Airfoils and Wings
- Compressible Flows
Section V: Structures
- Strength of Materials
- Flight Vehicle Structures
- Structural Dynamics
Section VI: Propulsion
- Thermodynamics of Aircraft Engines
- Axial Compressors
- Axial Turbines
- Centrifugal Compressor
- Rocket Propulsion
Please note that within each section, there are core topics and special topics. The majority of the questions in the exam will be based on the core topics, while a smaller percentage will be on the special topics.
Remember to refer to the official and updated GATE syllabus for the most accurate and detailed information on the subjects and topics to cover in your preparation
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics: John D. Anderson
- Modern Compressible Flow: John D. Anderson
- Fundamentals of Aircraft Structural Analysis: Howard D. Curtis
- Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach: Daniel P. Raymer
- Materials and Structures: Callister and Gere
- Aircraft Structures for Engineering Students: Megson
- Elements of Gas Turbine Propulsion: Jack D. Mattingly
- Gas Turbines: V Ganesan
- Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion: Hill & Peterson
- Space Dynamics: William J. Palm
Please note that this is a shortened list, and there may be other valuable resources available as well. It’s always a good idea to consult with our professors or experts in the field for further recommendations.