Career Avenues provides excellent courses for following XL branches. See details by clicking on a specific branch.
Know more details about Exam…
Know more details about Exam…
Know more details about Exam…
You can enrol through this website or through our app using upi, wallet payments, net-banking, debit and credit cards of most banks. If you still have a difficulty, please call or whatsapp on 9930406349 and we will assist you. After enrolment, please fill enrollment form here:
Each of us requires a different kind of study program based upon our style/preference of studying. Normally, all students take our study material and test series. Many also take video lectures as it helps them clear concepts. A lot depends upon time available to prepare, current stage of preparation, etc. If you are still unsure, please contact us.
Yes, there may be few scholarships available for students from top colleges, students with good grades, students from EWS and for students whose parents are from teaching or defence services. Pls contact us on 9930406349 via whatsapp with details of course you wish to join and scholarship category needed, along with relevant documents.
As a registered Career Avenues student, you can ask your doubts here and our faculty will get back to you.
Typically 5-6 months are required, but some students need a longer time frame based on other commitments. College students start preparation 12-18 months before GATE to have more time to practise questions as they may have semester exams as well.
We suggest about 800 to 1200 hours of preparation time overall. This can be divided into 3-4 months or 12-18 months, based on your schedule.
A good score for GATE Life Science (XL) is considered to be: 55
Steps And Strategy To Prepare For GATE Life Science (XL) Exam
- Take a diagnostic test – best diagnostic test is a GATE paper of any of the previous 3 years.
- Note down what you have scored and what was the actual GATE qualifying score cut-off. Note that qualification does not help you much. What you need is a good score. So note the good score mentioned above and measure the gap between your score and a good score.
- Note the GATE syllabus and mark your topics that you are good at. First try to master subjects that you are good at.
- However, some subjects have a high weightage. So you should definitely prepare these.
- General Aptitude does not require preparation. It requires practice. So just practice solving Aptitude questions every day for 30 minutes.
- Take lots of section tests and Mocks. Career Avenues provides an excellent test series for GATE Life Science (XL).
- In case you require focused GATE study material and books, you should take Career Avenues GATE Life Science (XL) study material which has been made by IIT alumni and is focused towards GATE.
- Being a GATE aspirant, it is very important that you first know what is the syllabus for GATE Life Science (XL) Examination before you start preparation.
- Keep handy the updated copy of GATE Life Science (XL) Examination syllabus.
- Go through the complete and updated syllabus, highlight important subjects and topics based on Past GATE Life Science (XL) Papers and Weightage plus your understanding of particular subject or topic.
- Keep tracking and prioritizing your preparation-to-do list and the syllabus for the GATE Life Science (XL) examination.
Section XL-P: Chemistry
- Atomic Structure and Periodicity
- Structure and Bonding
- s, p and d Block Elements
- Chemical Equilibria
- Reaction Kinetics
- Structure-Reactivity Correlations and Organic Reaction Mechanisms
Section XL-Q: Biochemistry
- Organization of life
- Structure and function of biomolecules
- Protein structure, folding, and function
- Enzyme kinetics
- Metabolism and bioenergetics
- Biochemical separation techniques
- Cell structure and organelles
- DNA replication, transcription, and translation
- Biochemical regulation of gene expression
- Immune system
Section XL-R: Botany
- Plant Systematics
- Plant Anatomy
- Morphogenesis & Development
- Physiology and Biochemistry
- Plant Breeding and Genetic Modification
- Economic Botany
- Plant Pathology
- Ecology and Environment
Section XL-S: Microbiology
- Historical Perspective
- Methods in Microbiology
- Microbial Taxonomy and Diversity
- Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells: Structure and Function
- Microbial Growth
- Control of Microorganisms
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Diseases and Host Pathogen Interaction
- Microbial Genetics
- Microbial Ecology
Section XL-T: Zoology
- Animal World
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
- Animal Anatomy and Physiology
- Parasitology and Immunology
- Development Biology
- Animal Behavior
Section XL-U: Food Technology
- Food Chemistry and Nutrition
- Food Flavours
- Chemical and Biochemical Changes
- Food Microbiology
- Food Products Technology
These are the important subjects and topics that you should focus on for the GATE Life Science (XL) Examination. Make sure to go through the complete syllabus and prioritize your preparation accordingly.
- Lehninger’s Principles of Biochemistry by Nelson, D.L. and M.M. Cox
- Biochemistry by Stryer L.
- Biochemistry by Voet D. and Voet J.G
- Harper’s Biochemistry by Murray R.K.
- A Text Book Of Botany by Singh Pande Jain
- Principles Of Genetics by Gardner
- Plant Physiology by Frank B. Salisbury
- Microbiology by Pelczar MJ, Chan ECS, and Krein NR
- Prescott’s Microbiology by Joanne M. Willey, Christopher J. Woolverton, Linda M. Sherwood
- Modern Text Book Of Zoology Vertebrates by R.L.Kotpal
- Chordate Zoology by E.L. Jordan & P.S. Verma
XL-U: Food Technology
- Food Technology by Neil Morris
- Fundamentals of Food Engineering by D.G Rao
- Food Processing and Preservation by Sivasankar
Please note that this is a condensed list, and you may need additional resources depending on your specific needs and preferences. It is also important to refer to past GATE Life Sciences (XL) exam papers and practice questions to enhance your preparation.